Sunday, March 9, 2008

My "I'm Not a Celebrity" Playlist

I offered this idea to itunes - the "i'm not a celebrity playlist" but they weren't really interested so it is making its debut on gotmoxie08.com instead. Nothing eccentric or surprising. Just good beats worth sharing.
She Sings - (track 1) One of my fav tracks from the Pawnshop Kings - but there's lots to like from their first album Locksley. Out of LA with some (apparently deep!) soulful Southern roots. You will want to sing along.


Two - (track 2) Had no clue what Ryan adams was all about until I happened upon this song from Easy Tiger. Now I can't get enough of him, including trax from Whiskeytown and his work w/ the Cardinals. He writes his own stuff. Extra points for that.

New Soul- (track 3) I had to google the imac air commercial to find this song. Yael Naim is an uplifting singer/songrwiter with a French/Israeli background. I literally played this song 20 times in a row after I downloaded it. Its that good!


Silly Love Songs - (track 4) Paul McCartney and Wings -need I say more. An oldy but goodie and on my list for sentimental purpose.


Indescribable- (track 5) Chris Tomlin sings this most upbeat song about God and how truly cool He is.

Hallelujah - (track 6) this must be religion! Jeff Buckley...sigh.


Love like this - (track 7) THIS WILL STICK. Like, you will be singing it all day long. Natasha Bedengfield surprises.

1234 - (track 8) those apple marketing gurus sure can pick the winners. One YouTube review of the video said it will make you smile for 3 minutes. Its true - plus, makes ya wanna dance.

Solsbury Hill -(track 9) pop this in on a car ride and drive for a long, long time. Peter Gabriel's best.

Once in a Lifetime - (track 10) Sometimes I just need to wake up!!

NoOne's Gonna Love you (track 11) Band of Horses - sound is suspiciously similar to the Samples. But I like.

Everybody Knows (track 12) - told you I couldn't get enough of Ryan Adams. Lots of heart and easy to relate.
Read my Mind (track 13) Melancholy w/ a cool beat. No playlist of mine complete w/out something from the Killers.
In a Big Country (track 14) Good times! Also fun for a long distance drive.

No comments: